Thursday, September 14, 2006
Welcome Rick Moranis Fans
I love the internet. Earlier today I made a passive, ridiculous reference to Rick Moranis. I forget that people search for this stuff and it drives traffic to my site without any intention of that happening. Now, for someone to show up because I posted about TV on the Radio makes a lot of sense to me - they're hot right now and the blogosphere is generating a lot of that buzz. However, there have been at least three unique entries from people doing technorati searches for Rick Moranis. You know, cause his turn as the dad in Honey I Shrunk the Kids is one of the three or four cult-defining moments in acting history.

So, just to put a few more obscure or random words on the blog in hopes that passers-by will catch some Jesus-love, here's a list of other things we're bringing back like Justin Timberlake:

Milkmen
Far Side cartoons
Fender benders
Susan B Anthony coins
Bobby Fischer
Stove pipe top hats
Ted Knight
Logic
Trivial Pursuit Genus Editions
Teddy Ruxpin
Popples
And, just to drive up traffic, the Microsoft Zune and the Apple iPod. (Does the Zune seem like something we'll be hearing about on VH1's I Love the 00's while the iPod is still a viable brand? Zune Zune Zune!)

Anyway, welcome Dark Helmet & Louis Tully fans. Hope you find something worth reading here.

*In doing research for this post, I discovered that Michael O'Keefe, who played Danny Noonan in Caddyshack has had a film and television career that's actually not wretched. Plus, he was married to Bonnie Raitt for nine years and is an ordained Zen priest (albeit a divorced one). And he wrote the lyrics to a song that won Bonnie Raitt a grammy. Go Noonan!

**And by research, I mean that I looked up who played the judge in Caddyshack and clicked on Danny Noonan for fun.

Labels: