Friday, October 06, 2006
October Playlist
Not much time today, just wanted to mention that I posted my October playlist on iTunes. The link is over on the right column. This is just what I was listening to in September - most of these albums are older and much of it you've probably heard before.

iTunes continues to publish the list in alphabetical order, so I'll just leave it that way.

Ambulance LTD - "Primitive"
Athlete - "Modern Mafia"
Beck - "Bottle of Blues"
Beck - "Nausea"
The Black Keys - "Black Door"
Blur - "Trimm Trabb"
Constantines - "Nighttime/Anytime (It's Alright)"
Gorillaz - "Dare (DFA Remix)"
Grizzly Bear - "Little Brother"
The Hold Steady - "Stuck Between Stations"
John Mayer - "Vultures"
Nomo - "Nu Tones"
The Rapture - "Whoo! Alright, Yeah... Uh Huh"
Subtle - "The Mercury Craze"
TV on the Radio - "Hours"
The Whigs - "Violet Furs"

There were four songs this month that iTunes isn't offering that are worth seeking out.

Scanners - "Lowlife"
The Guillemots - "Redwings"
Sugababes - "Overload"
Tripping Daisy - "Waited a Light Year"

and I was going to include "Pass the Hatchet I Think I'm Goodkind" by Yo La Tengo, but it's long enough that they don't sell it as a single. Anyway, there's the list.

Real quick plug - on Tuesday, the full length Cold War Kids comes out. It's called Robbers and Cowards and it's one of my two or three favorite albums released so far in 2006. Highly recommended. If you want to take a one song sample, start with "Hang Me Up To Dry". I'll post some YouTube and other links on Monday. Happy listening!

Labels: