Thursday, October 12, 2006
Two Random Notes
Random note part one

October 7 - beautiful sunny day, reaches upwards of 80 degrees.
October 12 - snowing.

(fill in your own commentary here)

Random note part two

Michael Emerson plays "Henry Gale" or "Ben" (or "Benry Gale" as he's being called by the fans who read hundreds of posts about 40 minutes of television each week, apparently) on Lost, a show that I'm completely obsessed with. This character is my fourth favorite character, and potentially my second. Given the company that puts him with is a high complement - John Locke, Desmond Hume & Mr. Eko being the top three, in that order.

Anyway, I wanted to see if he'd starred in anything else after I read this interview at Blender, in which he says that Radiohead constantly surprises him and The Stooges rock his face off - and I shout "AMEN!" - and it turns out that he's from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, about an hour from my hometown. So he's got that going for him. Which is nice.

Okay, hopefully I'll have a new post about Lazarus up tonight. In the meantime, go rent seasons one and two of Lost and try to get caught up by Wednesday, okay?

Labels:

3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Dave, Lost is the greatest show. Another cast member fun fact: did you know the guy who plays Desmond played Jesus in the recent film: "The Gospel of John." He did quite well too.

Blogger Dave Sandell said...
I had no idea... that's just great casting. Did he have any sort of accent? I know almost nothing about that actor - for example, I have no idea if Desmond's accent is the actor's accent or not.

I would be okay with Jesus having Desmond's accent, for the record.

Blogger Justin Wise said...
It's the Midwest man - what do you expect? How is every little thing in Bave's world?