Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Year-End Lists: Top 15 Songs
Here are my top 15 songs of the year. Although these are numbered 1-15 to represent which was my most favorite (1), the whole thing works (pretty) well as a mix in the same order.

Where an official MP3 is available, I'll provide a link (MP3) that you can right-click/save. Otherwise I'll provide the last MP3 blog I saw it posted at. And since the internet is allowing us to actually hear most of these, I'm going to forgo the commentary. Edit: I changed the order of these slightly after I initially posted them. Am I being obsessive? You be the judge.

Dave's Top 15 Songs of 2006

15. "Cowbell" by Tapes 'n Tapes | MP3

14. "In the Round" by The Cardigans

13. "Lowlife" - Scanners | MP3

12. "Wolf Like Me" by TV on the Radio | Link

11. "Three More Days" by Ray LaMontagne | Link

10. "Crazy"- Gnarls Barkley

9. "Gravity's Rainbow" by The Klaxons | MP3

8. "The Fatalist" by Robbers on High Street | MP3

7. "Postcards from Italy" by Beirut (The first two minutes are good, but around 2:00 the song goes in a different direction and it's fantastic) | MP3

6. "Chicago" (Adult Contemporary Easy Listening Version) by Sufjan Stevens | Link

5. "Trouble" by Voxtrot | MP3

4. "Young Folks" by Peter Bjorn and John | MP3

3. "Ta Douleur" by Camille | MP3

2 . "We Used to Vacation" by Cold War Kids | Link

1. "The Laughter Across the Street" by Ned Collette (The last half of this song is out of this world) | MP3

Labels: